I came to RML in November 2017, weighing 789 lbs. Staying dedicated to my diet I have managed to drop to 478 lbs. at the current moment. Now I'm sure it sounds like wow this facility has been great for me, I wish that were true. Fact is, if this facility had worked with me all along, I would probably already be back home. I admit I'm pretty salty about that, but it hasn't stopped me one bit. I have counted my own calories and done my own therapy for the most part. The will occasionally bring the arm bike for me, but that was it. 
     Recently they started coming in a little more often than before. Doing the arm bike pretty regularly now, and even doing a little with my legs twice a week. While I have complained a lot and this place is bad, it's still not the worst place I have been. I have experienced so much along the way to get to where I am now.
     Writing is going great, I am currently working on my autobiography, and a paranormal horror. I also have my book The Life of Rodney butler entered into a contest. The winner gets 20,000 euros. Not sure what that converts to in dollars, but you also get other benefits as well as bragging rights. I also have a poem entered in a poetry contest and first place for it is a large cash prize.
     I have also been staying busy with the groups I created on Facebook. The first one, a memorial for Lafayette high schools fallen class mates was actually someone else's idea, however, he did not know how to go about doing it so I did. We never dreamed it would ever be more than about 500 members, but here we are at 2500 and growing daily. 
     I created 6 more groups for each decade of Lafayette ilumni. Then I created a memorial group for my school mates in Northridge Ohio. That one has been a lot slower to grow but it is starting to now. 

Comments

Popular Posts